Tuesday, November 3, 2009

Essays.

Today was the seminar on the Joseph Addison essays. I thought that lots of interesting points were raised, even if most of them went over my head.

Personally after reading the essays my favourites are 'The Adventures of a Shilling' and 'Laughter'.
Someone in the seminar suggested that Addison could come across as being arrogant and I see what they mean, but personally I actually found his writing really funny. Perhaps this is because so much time has passed since he wrote them so they just appear to be funny now.

...more reading is needed to understand...PLUS I have my own essay to finish off.

1 comment:

  1. Alexa ranking 10 - see message board for explanation. Just reading the blogs at the moment. Will leave comments later. It is a lot for me to read.

    ReplyDelete