Thursday, October 14, 2010

Forgetful With Young Age?

It is normally said that forgetfulness comes with old age, but I am starting to doubt that idea.
I'm only 19 so still very young (not old in the slightest!) but occasionally my thoughts will just disappear out of my head never to return again.

For example last week I had thought of something which I wanted to write a blog about but within minutes it was gone. *Poof*. Even now I cannot remember what it was...but it led me to write this blog so not all is lost.

Sometimes I will be watching a TV programme and during the ad break I have forgotten for the life of me what I was even watching. So it can't of been that interesting anyway.

Lack of sleep and being stressed can cause younger people to become forgetful according to
http://www.associatedcontent.com/article/498957/reasons_you_may_be_forgetful_at_a_young.html?cat=5
I suppose this does make sense.

On a serious note the idea of loosing my memory does scare me, especially as my Grandmother is loosing hers. It would be terrible not to be able to remember the simplest of things like where I left the kettle or even forgetting who people are.

My mum works with the elderly, in particular people who suffer with Dementia and recently she went on a course in London where they were told that 1-2 units of wine a night is very very good for your memory. It's a shame I don't like wine.

No comments:

Post a Comment